Sunday, April 11, 2010

Naming Ceremony

Last Friday, the boys had their Hebrew naming ceremony. It was incorporated into the normal Shabbat service. We had the boys dressed up in little vest and khaki pants outfits, which were totally adorable if I do say so myself. Midway through the service, the Rabbi called us up to the bima, and I read a Hebrew blessing as well as an english passage, and Steve read an english passage as well. Of course, in typical overly-emotional Leah fashion I got all teary eyed and voice-crackly while I was reading my passage, and I hugged Isaac close to me and kept kissing his head. The Rabbi then did a blessing, and 'officially' gave them their Hebrew names, Eliyaho for Gabriel, after their great grandpa Emery, and Yisrael for Isaac, after their great great grandpa Joe. The boys behaved beautifully, and in fact, Gabriel was completely entranced by the Rabbi as he spoke! We got to show them off to the congregants afterwards during the Oneg and everyone marvelled at how sweet and adorable they were! So the Beans are now officially Jewish boys :)

1 comment: