Well I haven't posted in the past few days because these boys keep me super busy on my off days. A few new developments to list:
- I got my job at the hospital, to start in a few weeks, so I'll be staying home with the boys mostly and working part time
- I think they have both begun teething, judging by the drool, the fussies, and the constant need to chew on something
- Isaac is trying so hard to roll over, he just can't quite figure out what to do with his one arm
- Gabriel especially has started to respond to his name
- They LOVE it when I sing to them, it calms them down immensely
Things are still crazy hectic at the moment. I hardly ever sleep and am constantly exhausted. I've decided to take a couple weeks of 'break' between jobs, to devote more time to the Beans but really to catch up on sleep. As for them, they still have a 5-6 hour stretch of sleep at night, then every 3-4 hours until around 10am usually. I'm finding that I really just try and find things to occupy my time with them (reading books, baths, walks, visiting Nana and daddy at work) because I am just so worn down. I feel bad that I don't devote enough time to just mommy-Beans bonding time, but honestly, if I slow down, I fall asleep.
We did a mini photo shoot the other day, which is what the top picture is from. When my mom saw it, she shrieked at me, "LEAH! They're wearing maize and blue!!!!!?!?" Which honestly I didn't even see until she said that. I'd just picked out the only solid-color non graphic onesies we had, which just happened to be a dandelion color and a blue-green color. Oh well, I suppose it's kind of like men wearing pink - we feel secure enough in our Buckeyehood to wear blue and yellow. The above pic is really one of the only ones that turned out well, and I absolutely LOVE it.
We don't have a whole lot else going on, this coming week is a trip to the great grandparents house and then their Hebrew naming later in the week. I'm sure there will be a ton of pictures. For now, it's the beginning of my work week, which means no sleep and no time to see the Beans. Can't wait till this cycle is over.

They look handsome in yellow and blue. Very soothing, happy colors. They can wear team colors on game day! What a great photo of the Beans. Look how wide-eyed and focused they are! Wow. I cannot believe they're teething already--I just read in a book (Baby 411) yesterday that teething won't begin until the 6th month, and I thought to myself, "Yeah, we'll see." Amazing what one cannot learn from a book.
ReplyDeleteI totally have been reading Baby 411 too! Leah, I have to tell you, I am so jealous you are getting out of this place and getting to spend more time with the boys! You make me so excited to meet my lil' man :)
ReplyDelete