Yesterday, Steve and I took the boys to a local park, for a post-lunch walk, like we do every week. The difference was that we finally decided that the boys are big enough to try big boy swings! Here is the fun that ensued:
They loved it! Here are a few good pictures from the outing:
These boys are my life (all 3 of them). They are so wonderful, and make me feel like a complete person. It's like the love for your children fills a hole that you didn't realize you had. It is so amazing to see them discovering new things, and learning new behaviors. Gabe's new favorite behavior is to hold his hands up above him, especially while holding a spoon or other stick-like implement, and to yell loudly for a long time. It's like he is conducting an orchestra, or parting the red sea! It is hilarious. He gets so excited when I smile and laugh while he does it, he then laughs and bounces up and down so boisterously that he occasionally falls over. Both boys have learned to clap, and they love to show you, although not on command.
Oh yes, and they are 11 months old!!! Only 1 month till they turn 1 year old...that seems ridiculous to me. This time last year I was parked on my left side on the futon out in the main room, glued to the computer watching Battlestar Galactica. Ha! Not even dreaming of the life I would have with these beautiful babies. While I was on bedrest, I honestly tried not to think about the fact that two little lives depended on me. I would talk to them, and poke them through my tummy of course, but I didn't want to envision our lives together, mostly out of fear. I was afraid that they wouldn't make it, or they would have handicaps due to their prematurity. Of course there was still the small part of me that thought bedrest would carry me through to full term, I was in denial. But look at them now, healthy and perfect.

They are so adorable! Looks like a great day at the park!
ReplyDelete