We have a tentative date: November 10th! The Rabbi said it would probably be OK, he just had to check with his wife first (which I find both hilarious and awesome). In the world of traditional wedding planning, I am screwed because I have less than a year to plan. Isn't that ridiculous!? I need one full year or more to plan a wedding? I think 9 months is a long time to wait, personally. I wish we could just do it tomorrow! Frankly, we could, but as I mentioned before, some traditional stuff is important to me, like having my family there and doing it Jew-style. :) So we are waiting to hear officially from the Rabbi that the date is a go, then we will start to plan. I need to look for dresses, and we need to decide if we're going to have the reception at the temple or find another venue. I am also lucky enough to have help from a few friends who are either planning their own weddings or who have been recently married in the area.
Poor Gabes had a little mishap the other day that ended in a trip to the hospital. So, last week when it was nice outside, my mom came over and suggested that we take the boys to the park. Gabe wanted to go down one of the bigger slides, so my mom put him on her lap and went down...only she didn't hold his legs on top of hers. So his right leg got caught and twisted between her leg and the side of the slide. Nice one, Nana! He screamed and screamed when it happened, but we were able to calm him down. A call to the doc reassured us to just ice it and give him some Motrin, and to put on a movie or something so he would sit down and rest. Mission accomplished, the boys watched (and LOVED) Wall-E. It's been about a week, and Gabe is still limping. So yesterday we took him into the pediatrician, and after she examined him, she suggested that we get x-rays of his leg, she thought it might be fractured. So off to the hospital I went, with both boys in tow since Steve was at work. Gabey FREAKED OUT during the x-rays, so I practically had to lay on him while the radiologist held his legs down to get the shots. Turns out that thankfully nothing is fractured, it's just a bad sprain. So rest (ha!) and ice and Motrin if he complains about it.
Also, Valentine's Day will give me the chance to practice my cake baking skills. I feel comfortable saying this because I am 99.9% sure that Steve has never even glanced at my blog! When you live with someone 24/7, why would you want to read their thoughts via the interwebs? Anyhoodle, while grocery shopping today it just kind of hit me that V Day is next week. Really I hold nothing but disgust for the Hallmark "meaning" of the holiday, but hey, it's an excuse to eat delicious sugary treats! So I plan to bake a red velvet cake and to make some fondant to either top it with or at least make little cut outs for decorations. I've not made fondant before so it should be interesting at least! Truth be told, I am not usually a baker of cakes, I specialize in cookies and pie. Especially pie. So I will need ample practice if I am to bake my own wedding cake.

Awwww poor Gabe! I hope he's feeling better soon! Also, what kind of cake are you going to make?! IMO any holiday that involves sugary treats is a good holiday, even if it is a stupid, made up, fake ass Hallmark holiday :D
ReplyDelete