Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Venue!

We have been a busy little household recently! Just lots of appointments, doctors and urgent care visits on account of the boys being sick and then Gabe's sucking-thumb being infected. Yeah. Everyone is on the mend now though. Today I had my last round of appointments, which included a meeting with the temple administrator. She asked lots of questions, most of which I did not have the answer to (who will be walking you down the aisle? have you chosen colors yet?). But after talking with her, and then discussing it with Steve, we have decided: We're having the reception at the temple! I know, no brainer, right? Really I was already won over by the fact that my guests and I won't have to schlepp to some other random location after the ceremony. But after talking with the administrator and getting a better sense of how the evening would flow, I am definitely on board. Not to mention it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than renting out a space anywhere else. The only other places I would even think to go would be Confluence Park, Franklin Park Conservatory, or one of the brewpubs around town if they had the room. But all of those places are at least a 15 minutes freeway drive away, and parking would be a nightmare. Less hassle = more happy!

We can spend the day before decorating the space and setting up the tables. The day of the wedding, all we will have to do is get ready for the ceremony, and oh yeah, that other thing, the marriage!

I'm a happy camper. I feel like I 'should' look around at other places and I 'should' be more picky about this, but frankly: I don't care. All I need is a space. A space where we can eat and drink and have fun. Why go anywhere else for that? It is so simple, and that's what I'm after.

No comments:

Post a Comment