
Why did I ever think that I would have time to adequately update this blog? These kids keep me BUSY. Lots and lots has happened since I posted last. Like, lots. Let's make a list!
- The boys had their 6 month well check-up. Gabe is 16lbs 4 oz, 26 inches long, and Isaac is 14lbs 7 oz, 24 inches long. They are developmentally advanced, given their prematurity. Some of the milestones they are hitting are things that 6 or 7 month olds should be doing, even though in reality they 'should' only be 4 months old. They also got 3 shots each, and were none too happy about it. The doc commended me for pumping breastmilk for them for 6 months and counting, as most women don't even continue breastfeeding this long.
Isaac's reflux is still really bad. We have had to double the dosage of Zantac again, and this finally seems to be helping. He still screams for at least an hour every night, getting to the point where he is crying tears and breathless from the acid. It is horrible. - We've started rice cereal! Well, kind of. We tried it with Isaac, but he still has a strong tongue thrust reflex, so he's not ready. Gabe eats it, but is very unsure. Tonight will be the 4th night of cereal feeding, so we'll see how that goes.
- As for me, I've started training for my new job. Once training is through, I'll be working twice a week and staying home with the boys the rest of the time. I am awesome at taking blood pressure, not so good with respirations. Learning all these healthcare terms and abbreviations is difficult! I absolutely detest being new and incompetent at things, so this has been hard for me. But I know it's good to challenge oneself every once in awhile, yadda yadda yadda.
- Gabe has learned how to jump up and down in the Jumperoo, and he loves it!
I think that's about it for now.

I'm glad they're doing so well! You'll do fine with the job - it's a bit overwhelming I'm sure, trying to keep up with the boys and train at the same time, but it'll get easier!
ReplyDelete