Saturday, May 29, 2010

Things I love...

About my life right now. I feel the need to make this list, because lately the days have gotten really stressful. It's been hard being on my feet all day at work, then coming home and having the boys scream for hours while I try and put them to bed. Steve and I are effectively single parenting, because there is only ever one of us home. I know it's not the same, but it really feels like it. I feel like I'm constantly on edge. So I need to make a list to remind myself of the things that I love, the wonderful happy parts of motherhood. I love:
  • The way those Beans smile when they wake up and see me first thing in the morning, it is just magical
  • How I can immediately comfort them just by picking them up
  • The fact that they can't yet fight off my constant kisses
  • Seeing them discover things for the first time
  • This isnt quite from them, but seeing how amazed the doctors, nurses, and physical therapists are by their progress and growth
  • Gabe's efforts trying to crawl
  • Isaac's high pitched happy squealing
  • I think best of all, seeing the boys really interact for the first time

Next, I really need to start working on letting go of the preemie experience. I need to move beyond it, own it, integrate it into my being, but move on. How I am going to do this, I have no idea. But that's the next project, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment