So remember that update that I promised you, the one that never came? Weeelll yeah I'm sorry about that. It's been about a year since I wrote last, and a ton of stuff has happened. First off, the boys are doing wonderfully. Here's how big they are now:
Huge, right? Like close to 30 pounds huge. Oh, and that's Gabe with the black mittens and Isaac with the green. No, I do not normally dress them in matching clothes - but those coats are really cute though, right?! Plus, sometimes I do want people to realize that they are twins. Like for example when I'm attempting to schlepp them into a store, or the doctor, or anywhere really. I digress. Last April, they were identified as speech/communication delayed through the Help Me Grow program. They were both eligible for private speech therapy, which Gabe is still receiving. Isaac did so well that after 4 months, he was discharged! They also got into an Early Intervention school program at a wonderful center for children with disabilities. Twice a week, they go to "school" and they LOVE it. They talk about school constantly when they are at home, all their little trucks and cars are always going to school when they are playing. They will be in school until the end of the school year, regardless of progress.
The most intriguing subjects of the moment for them are Elmo (he is like crack for toddlers, really), playing cars and trucks, and reading books. That's pretty much all we do, every hour of every day. We also draw a lot and play with Play Doh, and sometimes I let them help me bake and cook.
I still work 2 days a week at the hospital as a nurse's aide. It sucks sometimes to be underemployed, but I do enjoy my job and the people that I work with. I don't get to sleep alot on the days that I work, since I have to be up in the early afternoon before Steve goes to work, to watch the boys. That is our trade-off so we don't have to have formal childcare.
So the other big news is this:
Steve proposed to me! On our 8 year anniversary. So I apologize in advance, because the blog is about to be overtaken by wedding planning and commentary. Yes, of course I will still include info about the boys and their development. They are still the most important part of my life. But I'm gonna get to wear a poofy dress! And smash a glass! And have a party! Frak yeah!
So I'm reviving this old blog.
More musings to come. Thank you for reading!

CONGRATS!!!!! And the boys are so big! And handsome ;) Looking forward to following your wedding plans :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the engagement! Boys are too too cute! Share more pics!!
ReplyDelete