Gabriel: He is fully crawling now. Like, for real. This kid is fast too. If I go in the kitchen to make a bottle, I need to poke my head back out in the main room every 10-15 seconds, otherwise this kid is wedged in the corner chewing on electrical cords somehow. He's also starting to make new sounds - the other day he made a "kah" sound. I believe that's his first consonant noise, everything else was a "oaaaaahhh" or "oooo". He is also completely fascinated by his own hands. He will lay there and just watch and he moves and turns them in front of his face. Also, he has become the squirmiest little bugger EVER. Trying to diaper and dress this kid after a bath is like trying to wrangle a wet feral cat.
Isaac: He has mastered the facecrawl, as we call it. I wish I had a picture of it. Head on floor, butt in the air, legs splayed out to the sides of his body, pushing himself along the carpet. He can balance like that and play with stuff underneath his body. It's kind of like a yoga downward dog pose, but with legs out at an angle as opposed to directly behind the body. He ends up with rugburn on his face and nose, poor kid. We always get in front of him and shake toys and say "Monkey!! look up here!! Isaac, look at mama!" But he continues to facecrawl. Oh wells. I'm still slightly worried about his development, but as many of my forum friends/moms of multiples have assured me, it's just in my nature to compare the babies, even though I would not be doing the same thing had they been born separately, not as twins.
Both: They have regular intervals of glorious twin interaction. They will be laying on the floor, or if you hold one baby in front of the other while he is seated in a bouncy or Bumbo, and they just laugh and smile at each other, and eat each other's hands and feet. It is ADORABLE, and leaves me teary-eyed and emotional.
We plan to take them to a local festival tomorrow, one where beer is plentiful and the atmosphere is fairly hippie-esque. We plan to single stroller one baby and wear the other, even though it will be damn near 8 million degrees, with 8 million percent humidity. It should be fun though. I look forward to this festival every year, and frankly, I will be quite a sight in my tie dye shirt with a baby strapped to my chest and a giant mug of beer in hand.

Look how big they're getting! And adorable!!! Good job momma :-) Have fun at the festival! And btw, my Gabriel is still nowhere near crawling of any sort and neither his pedi nor I are concerned ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you're doing an amazing job Leah! Seriously, dang, I wish all moms I knew could be as awesome as you.
ReplyDeletei enjoy your updates leah! wish we could've met up with you at comfest! darren tried texting steve, but unfortunately we were getting there around the time you guys left i think. hope you had fun!
ReplyDelete