I'm just worried.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Worried
So I have become worried about my little Isaac bean. Little being the key word here. He's always been 1-2 pounds lighter than his brother, which I'm told is normal. Up until a few weeks ago, he always ate about the same amount as his brother, maybe 1/2-1 ounce less a feeding. But again, I'm told he was eating normally for his weight. Over the past weeks, and it's happened gradually, he is not eating nearly as much as he used to. Instead of easily taking 5-6 oz a feeding, he is taking 3 or 4. He does get solids twice a day, cereal in the morning and a fruit or veggie in the evening. The thing is, everything else is normal. No fever, no more fussy than normal, eating solids very well, playing normally, lots of wet and dirty diapers. I will call the doctor on monday just to make sure. I guess I just don't want him to stop gaining weight well, and frankly I want him to be roughly the same size as his brother. I'm afraid of him being picked on or made fun of, or what have you. I'm so afraid that he is developmentally stunted as well, since Gabe does everything first. He doesn't really have an interest in sitting up, and he doesn't army crawl like Gabe, he kind of does this tripod thing where he sticks his butt up in the air, braces himself with his feet wide, and crawls around on his face. It works, but it's odd, and it doesn't get him to the next stage, actually crawling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My Gabriel has only rolled over a total of 3 times. Period. Ethan rolled over in the hospital right after he was born (my brother and I did too). Ethan didn't sit up even supported till he was 8 months old. Gabriel almost sits on his own and has sat supported for a while. At four months old Ethan was on his tummy regularly. It's just been this week that Gabriel has started to tolerate it so you can take a guess how close he ISN'T to crawling! Ethan is almost 3 now and is right on track for his age. Isaac and Gabe are 2 different babies, just like my 2 are. Each will do things at his own pace. I think we as parents (including me!) at times put too much emphasis on the charts of when they should be doing what, instead of looking at the overall progress... As for the bottles, how long has he been taking the smaller amount? Gabriel will do that for a few days but always picks back up again. It would have me calling his pedi if it lasted longer than a few days though.
ReplyDeleteIts hard not to worry. We have one smaller baby as well, which is strange, since they were within 5 grams of each other at birth, and within 3 oz of each other for the first 3 months. At four months W soared ahead at almost 2 lbs bigger than Little A. I think the gap is widening even more. I know that W eats better, but still. Just remember they all have their own curve (I have to remind myself of this as well). Had the boys been born a few years apart, we would not make the same comparisons, but because they are at the same age, its hard not to. Just know we have the same struggles here. I don't want A to be known as "the little twin" any more than I want W to be known as "the big twin".
ReplyDelete