We have had a big couple of days!! The boys are growing up super fast, and hitting milestone after milestone. Two days ago, Isaac started army crawling! He still prefers the facecrawl, but if he sees a toy a couple inches in front of him, he will scoot his body along the carpet with his head up, and reach for it! And then, this:
He can sit up (and wouldn't sit still playing with the seahorse for me to take the pic)!!! He just, like, did it. I mean, I just looked over at him, and he was sitting, as if he had been doing it all along! It's just amazing to see your child discover new movements and perspectives. Think about, he's either seen things only from the floor, or from the height of our chests as we hold him up. Now everything looks different, just a foot higher than he was before.
And then today, Steve discovered that Gabriel has cut his first tooth! It's not quite 'up' yet, but it has poked through the gum. No wonder he has been so fussy this past week. I feel bad, because I just chalked it up to general Gabe fussiness. Never gave a thought to giving him Tylenol or anything. And as it turns out, he was teething. Oh, and it's his bottom left front tooth. My mom calls him "Mr. Gums" sometimes, because he flashes his gums when he smiles a big smile at you. No longer! And then, this:
We put him in the pack n play bassinet to contain him for a minute while we made breakfast, and Steve suddenly says "uh...Leah", I look over, and lo and behold, he has pulled himself up to kneeling position! He is balancing like that (and also not holding still for daddy to take this pic)! He's not done anything like this before.
I am thrilled that my little preemie Beans are hitting milestones, but my God boys, slow it down a bit! They are growing up so fast! In fact, when I found out about Gabe's tooth today, I just pulled him to me and hugged him tightly, smothering him with kisses and repeating "my baby, my little baby is growing up!!!" Yay for mommy hormones :) What big big boys I have.

No comments:
Post a Comment