Because we took our first walk outside together in the stroller! It took a LOT of schlepping on my part, and fighting with the stroller. Get two babies strapped into carseats. Schlep carseats down the stairs and out to the car where the stroller is. Unfold stroller and assemble trays. Snap carseats into trays. Only then can we start the walk. And let me tell you, the Graco Duoglider, while a reliable basic tandem stroller, was NOT built for offroading. There are no sidewalks where I live, so I have no choice. Those Beans were so bouncy! Gabe fell asleep right away, Isaac was a bit disconcerted by all the bouncing and whimpered, but then he too fell asleep. We walked all the way to daddy's work and back, 2 miles total. I had to fight with that stroller to keep it on course, but we made it! And back! And I didnt have a heart attack! Amazing!
It was so invigorating to get outside and breathe in some fresh air. I'd like to think it did the Beans good too, though when we arrived at Steve's work and they woke up, they were a tad confused as to how they got there. Isaac slept for two hours straight when we got home, and Gabe slept for at least an hour.
I am also a rockstar because these boys are 5 months old. They have come SO far from their very early beginnings, and now they are catching up developmentally and getting chubby on that mommy milky. It feels so wonderful and fulfilling to know that I nourished them to this point. I am so proud of my little men, they are so incredibly resilient and strong.
It was so invigorating to get outside and breathe in some fresh air. I'd like to think it did the Beans good too, though when we arrived at Steve's work and they woke up, they were a tad confused as to how they got there. Isaac slept for two hours straight when we got home, and Gabe slept for at least an hour.
I am also a rockstar because these boys are 5 months old. They have come SO far from their very early beginnings, and now they are catching up developmentally and getting chubby on that mommy milky. It feels so wonderful and fulfilling to know that I nourished them to this point. I am so proud of my little men, they are so incredibly resilient and strong.
Some pics from today:
Gabers pre-walk
Isaac pre-walk
We made it!
Post-walk Beans
Post-walk Mama!

You ARE a rock star. Keep on keepin' on, Mama!
ReplyDelete