Monday, March 8, 2010

Nights.

So my new night shift starts this week. I really don't want to work nights, but its the only way that we can avoid childcare for the boys. I won't have time to sleep....like, ever. Don't quite know how that's going to work out yet. When I used to be on nights, years ago, I remember reading articles that night shifters are more prone to things like cancer. Sweet. At least I got that going for me. Eh.

Beans had a pretty good day today. Went to Nana's house and hung out with Nana and Grampy. Mom and I went shopping and got a bunch of onesies and monkey stuff for Isaac, my monkey bean! Truth be told, monkeys always used to kind of freak me out, but now since I associate them (at least cartoon monkey-wise) with Isaac, I can't get enough. Carter's has a whole line of little monkey baby clothes. And now Isaac has most of them.

Isaac and I had a really lovely time tonight while I was giving him a bath - we have to soak him three times a day to help heal his circumcision. I sang "Down in the River to Pray" to him (I think it's an old Southern hymn, but I got it from O Brother Where Art Thou) and he just looked at me in wonderment and smiled. He is starting to interact more and more on a daily basis when he is awake. I cannot believe how big he's gotten.

I will try and avoid posting past 5am, otherwise they will probably be long and disjointed stories about God-knows-what. Tonight my project is to finalize my picks for the boys' Hebrew names. We'll see how that goes!

1 comment:

  1. I love that song and that movie. I was trying to think about what songs I know all the words to... ah yes, Journey, Michael Jackson and show tunes.

    ReplyDelete