But I do have updates now. So, over the weekend, we realized that Gabe no longer fits in 0-3 month clothes...and we really hardly had anything 3-6 months. Off to the resale shop! I bought a ton of zipply long sleeve sleepers in 3-6 months. My little bean is getting so big! Here he is in one of the t shirt onesies that his aunt got him, all ready for football!
Here is a video I shot of them both doing tummy time. Isaac was kinda lifting up his head, but he can do it much better than this in reality. Gabers was scooting himself around. Slightly terrifying for me. Also, be advised, I sound like a flaming idiot when I talk to these babies. Also, my voice...how anyone can stand it for more than a few minutes is beyond me. It's so weird hearing your own voice from the 'outside'.
Now, Gabe is good at getting his hand to his mouth and sucking his thumb, but Isaac, not so much. But he has these times when he's in the bouncy and he is concentrating sooo hard on trying to get his hand into his mouth. And of course, there I was with the camera.
These boys surprise me every day with what they can do. Now when I'm at work, I just feel like I'm going to burst if I don't get home and see them and hold them and kiss them. My life is so much more full than it was before. I need to accept everything for what it is, make small changes if I can, and if not, just accept it. I cannot do everything all the time. When I try to, I miss these little moments, because I am too busy worrying about the next thing to do, or what I "should" be doing.
I guess the worry is part of being a preemie mom. I know they need more help than term babies, and I know technically they are 'behind' because of the chronological age vs. adjusted age gap. But especially because of that, I know these boys won't be hitting the milestones as term babies would be. They have their own plan, their own set path, and it is hard for me to let go and accept that. In another way, I feel so incredibly lucky that they are special in this way, that they really will not conform to the set standards for babies developmentally. It is freeing, they will do things when they are ready, and in the meantime, we can just hang out and enjoy our time together.

No comments:
Post a Comment