Monday, March 22, 2010

Visits


Today we took the Beans to my parents house for a visit. My grandparents came over too, since they live close by and there are no stairs to navigate, unlike at the apartment. It is just wonderful to see them get so excited to see the boys every time we visit. How truly amazing it must be to see and hold and interact with your great grandchildren. Isaac gave "GGMa" alot of smiles today when we first arrived, which was awesome.

The Beans also got to see Dave and Lauren, my parents' long time friends from temple. Lauren got us these ADORABLE polo style rompers, one being orange and white stripe and the other green and white. They are 9 month size...I just cannot imagine my boys ever being that big. The tag says "16-20 lbs", and Gabe is about 13 lbs now. I know it will happen, obviously, they will get to that size and far beyond. It just seems unbelievable to me now.

Then the Beans got to meet "Fun Aunt Gaby", my best friend who is in grad school out in California, so she hadn't yet meet them in person!

She got to hold Gabers for a long time, as he drooled constantly and played with a rattle. I know the boys are not teething yet, but you'd think they were, for the amount that they drool. Apparently they just haven't yet developed the muscle control in their mouths to swallow their saliva, so it just drip drops out onto everything. Anyhoodle, it was awesome to see and catch up with Gaby, I miss her terribly when she is at school. I wish she was closer so she could come hang out with the Beans every week.

Oh, and poor Isaac. We tried to switch his formula from organic soy formula to Similac Alimentum, which is hypoallergenic and predigested (lovely), because its supposed to be the best for gassy and refluxy babies. Problem is, it smells like death. Well, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but it does smell like moldy potatoes. I mixed it with a bit of breastmilk just to temper it, then tried to feed it to a hungry Isaac bean. He HATED it. I've never seen him refuse a bottle before, but he kept whimpering and turning his head from side to side to avoid getting the nipple in his mouth. I felt horrible trying to get him to take it, and obviously after I saw that he really wasn't going to eat it, I chucked it. Oh well, there's $30 down the drain. Guess we will just have to deal with the gassies from the soy formula. Of course, there is also the ever-present guilt about occasional formula feeding too. Sigh.

On the Gabe front, he rolled from his back onto his side today, and then discovered that apparently it is a fantastic position for sucking one's thumb.

1 comment:

  1. I lovelovelove the discoveries. Glad everyone had such a nice visit! I'm sure the GG-parents ate up their cuteness with a spoon.

    ReplyDelete