Sunday, March 14, 2010

Screamy Bean

Tonight we had a scary occurrence. I had just finished feeding Gabriel and put him down in the bouncy seat, because Isaac started crying for food. So I'm feeding Isaac, and Gabe is getting fussier and fussier, but I assume it's just because I'd had to put him down to feed his brother, and he wanted the attention. So I talk to and make faces at him, but he keeps getting more and more upset. Luckily, Isaac started to fall back asleep after a couple of ounces, so I put him down and picked up Gabe. I tried rocking him and soothing him, at this point he was hot and sweaty from crying so much. I don't just mean crying, I mean screaming bloody murder...like the way they scream when they get shots. Red-faced, tears streaming, stiffening his body, screaming at the top of his lungs. I'm kinda starting to freak out, because nothing I do calms him. Maybe he's hungry? I offer him the boob, he takes a little, but cries through it. Maybe he needs changed? Take him to the changing table, diaper is clean. I strip him out of his clothes anyway, thinking maybe a hair is wrapped around his toe or something ridiculous like that. Nothing. So I took off my shirt and just held him skin to skin on my chest and walked around the apartment. Eventually, he settled down.

I still have no idea what it was about. It's amazing how hard it is to keep your head together when your baby is screaming for some unknown reason. He slept for 2 straight hours after that incident. Poor little bean.

Although as I write this, I'm realizing that it happened right after a feeding - it could have been reflux. But he's never had it this bad. Also, he didn't spit up at all...before we realized that Isaac had severe reflux, he would scream like that, but he projectile vomited almost his whole feeding when he had an episode. I'll have to remember to ask the doctor at their next checkup. I wish I wasn't at work, so I could give that Bean some extra love and mama snuggles tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment